In the complex world of real estate, it’s good to have an expert at your side. Our Realtors® operate under a strict code of ethics and work to make every step of the buying and selling process simple and stress-free. We’re by your side every step of the way, from offers and inspections to lenders, titles, and closing.
Whether you're looking for a new home or ready to say farewell to your current one, rely on a Realtor to get the job done.
Top Reasons to Work With a REALTOR®
- Honest and ethical treatment. All Realtors abide by a strict Code of Ethics and have your interests at heart. The Code is based on professionalism and protection of the public— which means that their first obligation is always to you, the client.
- Insider information. Your Realtor will have expanded search power on zoning, utilities, property history, the community, and more. They can use this data to guide you towards neighborhoods that suit your needs.
- Experience you can trust. All Realtors must keep up with specific standards and education requirements to retain their membership. This means that they will be up-to-date on the tools and industry insights needed to get the job done right.
Things to Ask Your Agent
Finding the right REALTOR® will make a huge difference in your home search or sale. Consider some of the questions below when interviewing a possible agent:
- How long have you been in residential real estate?
Real estate is best learned on the job. While experience is not a guarantee of skill, this question can help you narrow down your search.
- What’s your approach to buying/selling a home?
You will be spending a lot of time working with this person— it’s important to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Do you have any certifications or designations?
If an agent says yes, it means that they have taken additional education and specialized training. These skills might come in handy based on your specific real estate needs.
- What’s the average difference between a buyer’s asking price and your final sale price?
Ask this question to learn more about the strength of your agent’s negotiation skills.
- Can I have contact information for your last few clients?
There’s no better way to find out if you will mesh well with your agent. Be sure to ask the client if they would work with this agent or brokerage again.